June 3rd, 2021
We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki (pronounced migmagee), which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people.
June is National Indigenous History Month. It is a time to celebrate Indigenous culture and history but also a reminder to honour Truth and Reconciliation and Treaty Education every day.
Students wore orange on Monday to honour the 215 Indigenous children victims of residential schools. We encourage everyone to also wear orange.
Our flag is at half mast to honour the 215 children as well as a display in our lobby.
A reminder that Fridays rotate WEEKLY. TOMORROW is a “Wednesday” Schedule - Block C and B
This week is Spirit/Goodbye Week - More details on Instagram!
We are doing a spirit draw this year to get students to participate. We are asking that students post a photo and tag us on Instagram or send us a direct message of them in their spirit gear of the day to get their name put in a draw for a prize.
- Thursday - Schoons colour day with teacher trivia on our Instagram at lunch. Art contest submissions are being accepted up until today!
Friday - College shirt day with our car show on Instagram at lunch. Also a prize draw for the spirit week winners for gift cards and ESDH t-shirts!
June is also National Pride Month. Thank you for showing your pride this month by spreading peace and love for all.
Fundraiser with The Shore Clothing Co.
For 2021 they are supporting our LGBTQ2 community through the local chapter of the Gender Sexual Alliance here on The Shore. GSAs provide a safe space in schools where youth can be themselves, regardless of identity.
$3 from every Eastern Shore PRIDE tee will be donated to the GSA at ESDH & will be available in their mobile store starting June 26th. The Eastern Shore PRIDE Festival has been postponed until August.
You can pre-order online at the link posted on PowerSchool bulletin or the ESDH website.
Students who would like to receive career or personal counselling support should email Ms. Greenough for an appointment. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have a question about scholarships, post-secondary planning, or if you require emotional support.
Staying safe and healthy as a community is EVERYONE’s responsibility
- Students and families are to complete their daily Covid symptom checks. https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/Daily-COVID-checklist-en.pdf
- If a student is unwell, please stay home and contact the school to report the absence.
- Masks are to be worn on school buses and while in the school building. As a reminder, masks are to be worn in such a way that they cover both the nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the school
- Students are reminded to respect the capacity limits in washrooms.
- Social distancing should be practiced whenever possible along with mask wearing in the school
- Students and staff are asked to follow directional arrows at all times.
- Upon arrival at school, students are to proceed to their first class where teachers will be happy to greet them.