June 7th, 2021
We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki (pronounced migmagee), which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people.
June is National Indigenous History Month. It is a time to celebrate Indigenous culture and history but also a reminder to honour Truth and Reconciliation and Treaty Education every day.
Students wore orange last Monday to honour the 215 Indigenous children victims of residential schools. We encourage everyone to also wear orange.
Our flag is at half mast to honour the 215 children as well as a display in our lobby.
The last Halifax Regional Arts guitar class will be this Wednesday June 9 2021. Please bring your guitar to class or return it to the office on or before this Wednesday. Thank you for a great year!
Graduating students will lose access to their gnspes email and Google Drive contents shortly after graduation. Students can transfer their Drive contents to a personal gmail account through Google Takeout.
June is also National Pride Month. Thank you for showing your pride this month by spreading peace and love for all.
Fundraiser with The Shore Clothing Co.
For 2021 they are supporting our LGBTQ2 community through the local chapter of the Gender Sexual Alliance here on The Shore. GSAs provide a safe space in schools where youth can be themselves, regardless of identity.
$3 from every Eastern Shore PRIDE tee will be donated to the GSA at ESDH & will be available in their mobile store starting June 26th. The Eastern Shore PRIDE Festival has been postponed until August.
You can pre-order online at LINK
Students who would like to receive career or personal counselling support from home should email Ms. Greenough (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a phone or zoom appointment. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have a question about scholarships, post-secondary planning, or if you require emotional support. Guidance Website
Staying safe and healthy as a community is EVERYONE’s responsibility
- Students and families are to complete their daily Covid symptom checks.
- If a student is unwell, please stay home and contact the school to report the absence.
- Masks are to be worn on school buses and while in the school building. As a reminder, masks are to be worn in such a way that they cover both the nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the school.
- Students are reminded to respect the capacity limits in washrooms.
- Social distancing should be practiced whenever possible along with mask wearing in the school
- Students and staff are asked to follow directional arrows at all times.