June 18th, 2021
We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki (pronounced migmagee), which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people.
June is National Indigenous History Month. It is a time to celebrate Indigenous culture and history but also a reminder to honour Truth and Reconciliation and Treaty Education every day.
PLEASE REFER TO THE EMAIL SENT OUT TO CONFIRM YOUR GRADUATION DATE AND TIME
As we prepare for the individual graduation ceremony for each graduate, we are required to collect contact tracing information for each of the graduate’s guests.
HRCE has advised ESDH that each graduate can bring along six other guests. Please note that children are counted as a guest regardless of their age.
If you submit a name and there is a change, you can email Natalie Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org or we can update the contract tracing information at the door.
All information must be entered by Monday, June 21 at 8pm as we must compile all of this information in preparation of our 3 days of ceremonies.
**Please only have one family member complete the form, this email will be going to both of the parent/guardian emails we have on file to ensure all have the information but the form should only be filled in one time**
Reminder that all textbooks, calculators as well as Chromebooks and chargers need to be returned to the library between the hours of 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 11:30 am - 3:00 pm. They can be returned in person on June 18, 21, 22 or if you are graduating, brought to your graduation ceremony for drop off in a bin located at the school.
The Musquodoboit Harbour Railway Museum is currently seeking applications for our Visitor Services position. The position runs from June 21st to August 31st. Candidates must be a graduating student from high school and enrolled in full-time college or university studies prior after the work term. Please apply at this link. https://esd.hrce.ca/esd/news/2021/06/16/visitor-services-position-musquodoboit-harbour-railway-museum
The Innovators Academy at LOI is calling all youth aged 14-25 interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, or changemaking!
- The Impact Entrepreneurship Youth Summer Camp 2021 is a free month-long summit featuring 2 hour week webinars with inspiring entrepreneurs, changemakers and leaders sharing their powerful stories and best practices through keynotes, panels, workshops and more.
- At the end of the camp, youth will have the opportunity to pitch their own innovative ideas for prizes. The event starts on Tuesday, July 6th.
- Follow this link for more information and registration information. https://esd.hrce.ca/esd/news/2021/06/17/league-innovators-summer-impact-youth-entrepreneurship-camp
Graduating students will lose access to their GNSPES email and Google Drive contents shortly after graduation. Students can transfer their Drive contents to a personal gmail account through Google Takeout. Find the link on the ESDH website or PowerSchool announcements detailing the process https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qz8pHKHMW4aya6tQsO4Ef-CGwG6KVdI9Xis5qBeoD2I/edit
Yearbooks are here! If you would like to pick yours up please come to the school on June 18, 21 or 22. If you are a graduate and will not be in the building this week, your yearbook will be placed in your graduation package. If there are any students who are still looking to purchase a yearbook, our school has a limited number of extra copies to sell. Please contact Ms. Zareski at email@example.com for any yearbook information!
June is also National Pride Month. Thank you for showing your pride this month by spreading peace and love for all.
- Reminder for the Fundraiser with The Shore Clothing Co.
- For 2021 they are supporting our LGBTQ2 community through the local chapter of the Gender Sexual Alliance here on The Shore. GSAs provide a safe space in schools where youth can be themselves, regardless of identity.
- $3 from every Eastern Shore PRIDE tee will be donated to the GSA at ESDH & will be available in their mobile store starting June 26th. The Eastern Shore PRIDE Festival has been postponed until August.
- You can pre-order online at the link posted on PowerSchool bulletin or the ESDH website. https://www.theshoreclothingco.ca/shop/pride-wear-pre-order/20?page=1&limit=60&sort_by=popularity_score&sort_order=desc
Grade 12 Graduating Students: Anyone who would like to declare an Entrance Scholarship for acknowledgement as you graduate should fill out the “Scholarship Declaration Form” on the Guidance website or let Ms. Greenough know by visiting her office. Please remember to indicate the University or College you are attending and the award amount.